Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ripwarmer



Like any Elizabeth Zimmermann project worth its salt, or yarn, I have started the Ribwarmer and ripped it out and started over already. Had the first side of the front done and thought "that is NOT going to be wide enough for you, oh plump one." So, I ripped it all out and started over. I am much happier now. I cast on 14 stitches and knit even for 20 ridges on # 7 needles in Cascade 220 Quattro. I'm getting 4 stitches to the inch, which is what EZ calls for. I then cast on 26 stitches using a backward loop cast on and knit til I was able to cast on at the shoulder (short) side. I cast on 4 stitches and repeated that until I had 52 stitches on the needle.
My bust is 49" at the widest part, so this will give me a 52" ribwarmer. I have linebacker shoulders, so it shouldn't be too bad looks wise. If I don't like it, I can always rip out and do short rows shaping for the bust instead of giving it a go this way!
More to come...

No comments: