Saturday, February 16, 2008

3 days off...what to do?







Presidents' Day Weekend. I can clean house. I can knit. I can read. I can watch old movies. what to do, what to do. I should clean house. I can knit. I can read. I can enter more books on librarything. I can enter more yarn stash and projects on ravelry. I should clean house.

Meanwhile, the knitting corner of active projects grows shamefully next to my chair in the living room. socks, a shawl, a cardigan, mitts, a shrug for the dog, a scarf, books, magazines and patterns, newly bought yarn... it's bad...

Progress is being made. I am about 85% done with the Shibori-esque scarf from Folk Style. All knitting is completed and I have two of the crocheted rings to stitch on. That leaves basting little pouffy circles within the rings and felting. Can't wait to see if it will look like the picture. I've also completed a very easy to make mitt that I found on ravelry. It's garter stitch with short rows and an easy bind off/cast on pocket space for the thumb. One mitt done while watching 2 hours of House.
Candy is home from Arkansas. She moved there forever in September and now it is February and Arkansas wasn't working. Is it okay to be selfish and say-o, i'm so glad, kinda.- I'm not glad for Candy, it was a big dream, a big upheaval, a big adventure. I cannot imagine undertaking it and then turning around a few months later and driving back to New Jersey. I'm glad for me because I missed her. Bad Cate. Happy Cate. She drove home in 22 hours on 3 cans of Red Bull. Scary. To celebrate, above is a picture of her son Peter and her semi-step daughter Sonja. Taken before Peter went in the Marines and lost weight and hair. Beautiful children.

No comments: