Saturday, August 19, 2006

Blogging: Day One



Hello, should anyone but me discover this blog, my name is Cate, I live in Trenton, NJ and I love to knit, to read, to feel the warmth and comfort of my miniature schnauzer sleeping nearby, to dress in 3rd quarter 18th century American style clothing and re-enact as a Hessian camp follower and to spend time with friends. I am recently (as of 8/11/06) unemployed, so am job hunting. I live in a large Victorian house that is in desperate need of organizing, cleaning and de-cluttering that I share with a housemate; we've had an arrangement that somehow works for us for over 15 years now.

I am an inveterate stash collector, of many things, and will amuse you one day soon with my to-do list of knitting and other needlework projects. At last count it may have been over 70 items.

When I cleared out my office last week I packed 9 boxes and two large plastic bags of books that I've read related to the Revolutionary War time period: militaria, biography, social history, anthologies, fiction, children's books, activity books for children, magazines, cookbooks, books on food or taverns, poetry or poets and much more.

Right now I'm working on the Best Friend Sweater from the Knit Book by Sally Melville. I'm doing it up in Nashua Chunky, color Khaki, which is a lovely evergreen. I'm also working on the Christmas Boot from Cat Bordhi's Book of Magical Knitting, aka her magical moebius technique which is charmingly addicting. That's being done with 2 skeins of bulky Lopi in red and 1 skein in green, I just finished the handle and am about to take out the invisible cast-on stitches to begin the boot portion. Many more Christmas presents to be worked on and here it is August 18!

Happy Knitting to all and to all a Good Night!

No comments: